The Met One 063 Temperature Sensor is a device that precisely measures air, water and soil temperature over extended ranges. The thermistor sensor is encapsulated in a silicone oil-filled stainless-steel jacket that is particularly well suited for field applications, as it exhibits high resistance sensitivity. This eliminates problems associated with line lead length, noisy environments and poor connections. The sensor housing is composed of two stainless steel tubes. The smaller one contains the sensor and silicone oil; the larger one secures and seals the cable. In addition to providing a uniform temperature environment, the oil also provides a strain free mounting for the thermistor sensor. A weatherproof epoxy is used to provide a positive bond for cabling and assembly.
- Stainless steel jacket allows direct measurements of air, water and soil
- High resistance sensor values minimize signal line resistance errors
- Sensors may be interchanged without requiring system recalibration
- Several ranges are available to meet exact customer requirements
- Suited for direct input to a variety of dataloggers and translators
Specifications are subject to change at any time